Take this Blog and shove it

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tuesday's Gone

Always wanting to change things up, I'll babble a bit about some things that actually happened in my life today.

I went to the dentist. My credit card was turned down. And the night before I came home to a letter from my car insurance company saying their monthly direct deduction from my card was turned down as well.

So I give my credit card company a call. They tell me that my card became compromised on may 30th or something of that nature. They ask me..."..did you spend $9.16 at a Walgreens?"
"Sounds right", I replied.
"Did you spend $8.64 at Circuit City?"
"...yeah, probably."
"Okay, sir, we'll remove the flag from your account".
"Well can you tell me why my account became 'compromised'?"
"There were just a lot of charges".

Well, no, not really. Looking at my account just the normal amount of charges I always have. But I'm glad to see they were all over this suspicious 9 and 8 dollar Walgreens and Circuit City shenanigans.

Now if it had been a Walgreens or Circuit City in PARIS or NAMIBIA, sure...

I'll have to call my car insurance company tomorrow and ask them to retry the charge now that the threat has been discovered as little ol' me.

I then decide to get the original scrambler from Krystal's because I never get to have that normally.
But alas, I was needing some milk and flouride from the grocery store as well, but my breakfast might get cold...
But this tropical storm may come on and be pouring rain later to where I wont want to go...
Ah...I'll just run into the grocery store, it'll be quick. I grab a few other items as well while I'm there. Come to the checkout areas and see there are 3 to choose from and all seem to have one person with just a few items. I choose the one that has one person with one watermelon, that should be quick! The lady then speaks up...
"Do you have this certain kind of battery? I didn't see it, it's for blabbity blab and I didn't see it...it's for my blabbity blab and it's special, not like a normal battery, a blabbity blab one"
"Oh sure, we'll have someone go find this special battery...."

Hmmm, wouldn't it be nice if you asked your questions about where things are BEFORE you get in line and are checking out?
Well, I just gather up my five items, put them back in the basket, and move to the next checkout station where there is one lady. She finishes her items and pays. Then...
"I'd also like to buy some bottled water and floobidity jooble! Let me just go grab some more floobidy jooble!"
Ah...so it's off to get the extra items. Now back, she starts paying again. I see that to the side of me the watermelon and battery lady is now writing a check out. To the other side of me is now an empty checkout area. But I don't want to once again gather up my items and put them back in my basket and move again, because it would probably make it looks like I'm really disgusted and angry.
Now it's my turn and a dude employee walks up and wants to change out something on the cash register. A female manager who had been standing watching the whole time stepped up and said, "John, wait until he's gone through, he's been waiting and had to change lanes already..."
So that was nice of her. Actually I think she's the one that went off to fetch the special batteries.

Later I decide to see the DaVinci Code. It's been awhile since it's been out. I know it's Summer, but this is an adult movie and it's a weekday afternoon, everyone is at work! It'll probably just be me and a couple old ladies. Plus the whole threat of this tropical storm stuff, who is gonna rush out to see this flick that's been out for ages?
I walk into the theatre and it's packed...
Opening night packed.
What the hell?
Luckily I find an open seat at the very top.

By the way, Ian Mckellen early on asks Tom Hanks three questions before he'll allow him access to his house and open his gate. I answered the questions correctly! Silently of course. It would be amusing I guess if I was doing it out loud like an unruly patron at a horror flick shouting at the people on the screen to watch out.

But anyway, it just goes to show you that Mind Bullets could crack the Da Vinci code if we felt like it. We could solve so many of the world's mysteries and problems and suffering. But we choose to focus on 40 bucks of house cash instead. That's how we roll.

3 Comments:

  • You can't blame her, ya know you need extra floobidy jooble if a storm is coming.

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:22 PM  

  • That happened to me a couple of years ago... seemingly normal purchases caused the computer to flip out and they deactivated the card. There were no large purchases or 20 in one day. Just a handful each day for usual amounts at usual places.

    Never bothered to call me... which I would think would be the first thing you would do after deactivating the card. They just like you to encounter as many uncomfortable situations as possible until you finally decide to call them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM  

  • Credit card companies only want to call you when you are behind on your bills or they want you to sign up for "an exciting new service for only $9.98 a month."

    By Blogger Anna, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home