Take this Blog and shove it

Friday, June 09, 2006

We went to a new place for trivia this week and dominated. We were so far in the lead, when the final question came around, we didn't have to bet any points if we didn't want to. The closest team was 18 points away and you can only bet up to 16 points on the final question. We knew the final answer, but only bet 1 point so as not to rub it in. Then, the host mocked us (good naturedly) for only betting one point, so go figure. Everyone seemed much happier with our host and surroundings.

Anyway, something on dvdguy's blog sparked a topic idea. What are some of your favorite obscure songs from famous musicians?

Off the top of my head, I'll throw out a few of mine.

1. The Beatles--- I want you (she's so heavy), Happiness is a warm gun, Rocky Racoon

2. The Who--- 905 , Pure and easy

3. CCR-- Someday never comes

4. Elton John-- Where to now St. Peter?, Amoreena

6. Billy Joel-- Miami 2017, Honesty

7. The Clash-- Career Opportunities

8. Lynyrd Skynrd-- Comin Home

9. Elvis--American Trilogy

10. Ozzy Osbourne-- Goodbye to Romance

The Beatles I could go on and on with stuff like "For no one", "She came in through the bathroom window", I don't know if "Blackbird" would be considered obscure or not...

6 Comments:

  • Someone wanted to bet points anyway...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 AM  

  • I have a confession to make. The bald dude was in the kareoke area at one point and signaled me the "fish called wanda" answer.

    He was making a swimming gesture and that goldfish face.

    By Blogger DeNirogator, at 10:42 AM  

  • It didn't have anything to do with A Fish Called Wanda. He was just hitting on you.

    By Blogger Anna, at 11:01 AM  

  • As for songs. I don't think Honesty and Goodbye to Romance are obscure. And I should know, I usually don't like a song until I hear it on the radio first, unless I really like an artist, or a friend introduces me to it.

    By Blogger Anna, at 11:05 AM  

  • Well truthfully, I wouldn't know what songs get radio play and what don't since I don't listen to the radio.

    So yes, I'm not so sure about the whole obscureness.
    I do know honesty has never been on any of joel's greatest hits albums.

    By Blogger DeNirogator, at 11:09 AM  

  • American Trilogy....I LOVE that song! There's a guy that goes to the karaoke place I haunt and he sings it perfectly. You hardly ever hear that, normally people are too scared to try it. Sadly he only comes around every 6 months or so, but when he does I basically tackle him the moment he walks in the door and beg him to sing it. He does a good Roy Orbison too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home